- NAME: Maximus "Max" Duke - SPECIES: Magby - GENDER: Male - BIRTHDAY: June 3rd - ZODIAC: Gemini ♊ (Unova Zodiac equivilant is Klink) - AGE: 23 - NATURE: Brave - CHARACTERISTIC: Strong Willed - CATCHPHRASE: "Weh." - HOMETOWN: Sinnoh Resort, Mai's Villa
Hardy, nimble, witty, and brave, this little Magby can pack a wallop. He loves excitement, but peace and quiet is just as welcomed with him. In the past, Max has dedicated an incredible amount of time to bettering himself, both physically and mentally. Being a little Magby on a real Pokemon Team, he's had to work much harder than his evolved teammates to get what he wants. It also means that he's faced many more losses and challenges than the others. He's determined to prove that even stereotypically weak Pokemon like himself can be "more" if they work for it and longs to be a role model for such people and Pokemon. While Max doesn't let most things bother him outwardly, he cares a lot about what people think of him. He can have a bit of a short fuse, if provoked, and doesn't have much of a transition between O.K. to angry. The best thing to do if he gets mad is to back away and let him cool off.
Max was born & raised under the care of his trainer, Mai Duke, to be a fighter. She doesn't deny this fact just as much as Max doesn't care. His abandoned egg was a gift from an acquaintance, a "thank you" to Mai who had introduced what would become two very close partners to each other, and once he hatched they bonded closely as well. When he was old enough to begin training, Mai took him out on the road with several other Pokemon. He showed some true talent towards battling for sport while on the road, and thus won a permanent spot on her team. Since then, he had done nothing but improve. Their team even managed to hold their own in several well-known tournaments in Sinnoh and win quite a few not-so-known. After many years of off-and-on travels, they moved south to Kanto, participating in contests as well as other small tournaments and gym matches. Once the team agreed to retire, Mai decided to settle down & begin a modest "adoption" program with Max. It didn't take off very well, so they moved away from Sinnoh to Pokette, keeping the Villa as a vacation home.
For a while, Max and Mai lived in the bustling little town ((when I was a former member)) but left when Mai got a good job offer in a hatchery a little closer to the nearby city. Max, unwilling to leave his dear friend for so long, left with her. In his new spare time, Max took to learning more about the world, enrolling in a few classes at the community college. Mai worked, taking care of younger kids and Pokemon eggs like she had during hers & Max's later days in Sinnoh until there was obviously little need for her services. With nothing much left in the city after that, the duo decided to try and move back into Pokette. The town had been wonderful the last time they were there, so why not go back?
- HOBBY: loves Battles/Contests, but enjoys anything else physical - JOB: (current job) "retired"; actively looking for something to keep him busy || (old jobs) Battler/Contestant; Babysitting (eggs, namely) - FAVORITE FOOD: most curries & Eastern noodle dishes - FAVORITE BERRY: Chilan Berry - ACCESSORIES: an Eviolite Necklace (from his & Mai's battling days)
- OTHER FACTS:
- He sometimes refers to Mai as his mother, although their relationship is more of a "bestie" friendship. - Max doesn't want to evolve. He likes proving to others that even though he may be a "baby" Pkmn, he can do much more than what would be expected. - Even though he is little and can easily be over-powered by larger opponents, he is nimble and strong enough to topple them as well, given the chance.
- Barrier - Fire Punch - Thunderpunch - Screech
- Max is based on a Magby in one of my games that I've been training to 100.